• Angels with Autism

Angels with Autism provides financial assistance to families of individuals with autism to secure quality educational and therapeutic services, and to introduce sensory programs. The organization also provides scholarships to individuals with autism for post-secondary education.

Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities is a program in Ontario that provides funding for parents that can range up to over $400.00 towards the extra cost of caring for a special needs child and their varying needs. There is also additional money available to pay for such things as:

  • Traveling to appointments related to your child’s disability; for instance, doctors and specialists. 1-800-646-3209.
  • Special clothing or footwear.
  • Aids required in order for living a more normal lifestyle.
  • Medications and treatments.

For The Love of a Child is concerned with improving the quality of life for children with special needs living in Durham Region. Their mandate is to help families in need, through financial assistance and to encourage community understanding. Phone 905-725-7411.

  • Incontinence Supplies Grant Program

The Incontinence Supplies Grant Program, administered by Easter Seals Ontario, is a program fully funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care for children ages 3-18 with chronic disabilities (physical or developmental) that result in incontinence or retention problems lasting longer than six months requiring the use of incontinence supplies. An application form must be completed and signed by a medical physician licensed to practice in Ontario. The child must be a resident of Ontario and hold a valid Ontario health card. The grant is a contribution to the cost of supplies and may not cover all costs. Contact the Program Coordinator at 1-800-668-6252 ext 314.

  • Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity

Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity assists children who are chronically or seriously ill, are 21 years of age or under and whose permanent residence is in Ontario. Family income has an impact on granting decisions. Completion of a Request for Assistance Form is required. The Form may be completed by the child's parent, physician, therapist, social worker, teacher or community liaison. Requests for assistance are considered in the following areas as they are related to the child's illness: · Emergency financial relief · Respite for a pre-determined period of time · Developmental therapies (excluding Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment) · Educational programs, materials, instruction · Specially adapted computer equipment and software · Medical treatments not covered by government health plans or insurance · Recreation that promotes a child's involvement in the community

The Home & Vehicle Modification Program provides funding for basic home and/or vehicle modifications. The program is intended to assist permanent Ontario residents with a substantial impairment expected to last one year or more.

Ministry of Children and Youth Services provide financial aid

Northern Health Travel Grants are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The grants help pay some of the travel related costs for Northern Ontario residents who must travel at least 100 kilometres one-way for medical specialist or designated health care facility services that are not locally available. In addition, as of October 1, 2007, the NHTG Program provides an accommodation allowance of $100 per eligible trip to patients whose one-way road distance to the closest specialist or designated health care facility (e.g. hospital for MRI) able to provide the required services is at least 200 kilometres.

Special Services at Home (SSAH) is a program funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services that deals with children with developmental disabilities to be able to continue to live at home. This gives parents the funding towards purchasing different services and supports that they are not able to afford on their own.