This provincially funded program is for students with permanent disabilities attending public post-secondary schools in B.C. This is a needs based program available to part-time or full-time students either taking post-secondary level courses or upgrading courses. Depending on your need, grants of up to $10,000 are available for exceptional education-related services and adaptive equipment. If you need an attendant while at school, the grant may be increased up to $12,000. This grant does not cover living expenses, tuition or books.

Toll-free Phone: 1 800 561-1818   Fax: 866 312-3322

Address: Student Aid BC PO Box 9173 Stn Prov Govt,Victoria, BC, V8W9H

At Home Program Respite Benefits provides funding to purchase respite care for eligible children, either in their home or at another location. As well as the At Home Medical Benefits Program which will reimburse some travel expenses due to medical appointments

Focus on funding applications for families with children in need and from children’s organizations who provide beneficial programs and services. Considerations of funding for:

  • Wheelchairs & scooters
  • Lifts, slings, & ramps
  • Rehab equipment
  • Aids to daily living
  • Seating & positioning
  • Vehicles & adaptations
  • Speech, music and equestrian therapy for physically challenged kids
  • Grief and psychological counseling
  • Adaptive wheelchairs and specialized medical equipment to increase mobility
  • Hearing aids and computer adapted software for multi-sensory learning
  • Outreach programs for inner-city youth
  • Summer camp subsidies

To help those who want to save, Endowment 150 offers one-time $150 gifts to Registered Disability Savings Plans (RDSP.) In addition to this $150 gift, you could receive additional funds from Canada Disability Savings Grants and Bonds.

Telephone: 1-888-707-9777

Giving in Action Society provides grants to families living in the province of British Columbia through two funds - the Family Independence Fund and the Children and Youth with Special Needs Fund. These grants enable families to stay together by addressing accessibility issues in their homes and communities.

**NOTE they appear to not be accepting applications at this time due to depletion of funds but I would continue to check back just in case...

This Foundation will give assistance in certain medical or dental procedures (not including standard orthodontics). Assisting special needs children to attend summer camps and other recreational pursuits. Providing to other charities, equipment and facilities such as boats, special needs vehicles and playground equipment.

Red Cross Lower Mainland Adapted Bike Inventory To benefit children & youth with special needs whose families do not have the resources to purchase a bike for their child. All bikes must be prescribed by a therapist and the sizing and matching of the bike done by a qualified therapist.

Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program for Persons with Disabilities (RRAP - Disabilities) Modification to homes (including rental housing)

The camps that the BC Epilepsy Society provides financial subsidies for families include: Easter Seals Camps from the BC Lions Society, Zajac Ranch, and Eureka Camp to provide recreational opportunities for kids and teens with seizures.

Variety provides financial assistance for children who have special needs, with the costs of a wide range of equipment, therapies, educational, social and recreational programs. Individual Funding is possible after exhausting all other avenues of funding possibilities.

Western Society for Children is an agency of hope that enhances the lives of challenged children and their families. Some resources are offered cost-free for on-site use or loan to parents or caregivers. Some programs are offered at a reduced cost to families in need. Bursaries may be requested, usually up to 75% of typical costs for these services in private practice. Call 604-515-0810 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange to speak with a Family Resource Assistant.